Request for Bids (Construction of Herat to Chesht-e-Sharif Highway from Ch. (35+000-65+000) Km)
Request for Bids Works
(Two-Envelope Bidding Process)
Employer: Ministry of Transport (MOT)
Project: Rehabilitation of (East-West Corridor REWCOR) from Herat to Chesht-e-Sharif Road Project
Contract title: Construction of Herat to Chesht-e-Sharif Highway from Ch. (35+000-65+000) Km
RFB No: NPA/MOT/W-2431/ICB
Issued on: 7 March 2020
Financing: Soft Loan of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Development Cooperation
1. The Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has received financing from the Government of the Italian Republic toward the cost of the Rehabilitation of East-West Corridor from Herat to Chesht-e-Sharif Road (REWCOR) Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for CONSTRUCTION OF HERAT TO CHESHT-E-SHARIF HIGHWAY FROM CH. (35+000-65+000)KM .
2. The National Procurement Authority (NPA) now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders on behalf of Ministry of Transport (MOT) for Procurement of Construction of Herat - Chesht-e -Sharif highway from ch. (35+000- 65+000)km, the construction period is 730 days.
3. Bidding will be conducted through international competitive procurement using Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers- Procurement in Investment Projects Financing” revised November 2017 Procurement Regulations edition as per legal agreement] (“Procurement Regulations”), and in the Inter government Soft Loan Agreement (ISLA) signed between Afghanistan and Italy on 19th April 2016; bidding is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at the National Procurement Authority (NPA) at the address below from 08:00 hours to 16:00 hours. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be downloaded from NPA’s Website: www.ageops.net or obtained by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address below
5. The Bidding document in English may be purchased by interested eligible Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below free of cost. The document may be collected personally or will be sent by email.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below by 20 June, 2020 at 10:00am (Kabul Local Time). All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of USD 493,500 (US Dollar Four Hundred Ninety Three Thousand Five Hundred) or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the address below on 20 June, 2020 at 10:00am (Kabul Local Time).
7. Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidder’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document.”]
8. The address (es) referred to above is (are):
Attention: Ahmad Noor Shinwari
Address: First floor, National Procurement Authority (NPA), Administrative office of the president, Pashtonistan Watt, Kabul, Afghanistan
Telephone: +93 (0) 20-2926283
Electronic mail address: Pfd_d_04@npa.gov.af (copy to email@example.com, & firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com )
Telephone: In case of any difficulties in location the address and submission of bid, please contact
The public opening of bid received will be held immediately after the deadline at the above address.
DocumentsBD-Herat to Chesth-e Sharif Highway rev IDCO (Repaired)